Friday, May 6, 2011

White Bean Dip

I have several recipes posted under notes in my profile on Facebook, so I am going to be working on moving them over here. I'll try to go back and add pictures as I make them.

A while ago I wound up with an odd abundance of canned beans in my pantry, so I started looking for ways to use them. This is a tasty alternative to standard bean dip.


White Bean Dip
What you need:
1 can white beans, I used cannellini because they blend up so creamy.
1/4 c. ranch salad dressing, yep, just the bottled kind
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
salt & pepper to taste
various dippers, corn chips, crackers, pita chips, veggies, etc.

What you do:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor except the parsley. Blend until nearly smooth. Add parsley and continue blending until smooth. I learned adding the parsley at the beginning can give the dip kind of a green hue, but doesn't affect the taste of course. Serve with chips, crackers veggies, etc. to dip. Pita chips are especially good, as are mutligrain tortilla chips. Even my sister, who doesn't like beans, likes this dip! Mmmm, now I want some!

No comments:

Post a Comment