Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade Granola

So, you asked, and here it is.  This is the original recipe I read, and below is what I did.  Mommy's Kitchen Homemade Granola  Her blog is awesome, by the way!  She has a ton of great recipes!


Homemade Granola


What I used:
About 3 cups quick oats
2 TBSP whole golden flax seeds
2 TBSP flax seeds, ground
small package slivered almonds (2/3 c maybe?)
small package chopped walnuts (1/2 c. maybe?)
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 c. oil
1/2 c. honey
1/4-1/2 c. brown sugar
splash of vanilla


What I did:


Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.  Combine remaining ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.  Pour over dry ingredients and stir until everything is coated.  Spread in a large rimmed cookie sheet and bake at 300 for about 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes or so.  I took a spatula and patted it back out each time.  After I took it out, I let it cool a bit then broke it up into large clumps, which my kids have eaten like crazy!


There are a TON of granola recipes out there, and they are all so flexible.  Add different nuts or seeds, dried fruits, swap sweeteners using all brown sugar, or maple syrup for the honey.  Make it your own!  Then sprinkle it on Greek yogurt and eat it up!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog. I'm so glad that I did. This recipe may become my breakfast in the morning! (lol) Thanks, God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!! Glad you are here! :D

    ReplyDelete